MAXA Cookie Manager 5.x
MAXA Research is proud to announce the next generation release of its flagship product MAXA Cookie Manager in version 5.
This major upgrade has become necessary after new technologies are threatening every web surfer's privacy using elements from the browsing history and cache for further profiling.
Here's a list of the most important changes:
- Possibility to manually and automatically delete the browser cache and browsing history of all installed browsers and plug ins:
- this also completely removes evercookies
A new variaty of Web Bug called Evercookie is now circulating around the world.
Evercookie currently uses eight different storage locations for its cookie!
Ranging from HTTP and Flash cookies all the way to HTML5 DOM new storage methods. It further reconstructs cookie information based on the browser's cache and browsing history.
If the cookie can be found in any one of those locations, it can be rebuilt (and then stored in all eight places again!) Basically, unless you know exactly what you're doing (and you have a lot of spare time to hunt down all of the cookies), you can forget about ever deleting an evercookie.
But don't worry, MAXA-Cookie Manager 5 can handle those Cookies too with its new Cache and History deletion.
Just sit back and relax. MCM is taking care off it.
- this prevents that sites can find out whether you visited a specific webpage (history stealing)
- Faster cookie management speed
- Support for new and upcoming browsers
- Pre-listen of sounds in settings
- Additionnal minor improvements
How to upgrade?
This upgrade is free for anyone who has purchased MCM after October 31st, 2010. Just download and install the new version over your old one.
Users of a previous version that purchased before October 31st, 2010 can upgrade here for only $15 / EUR 10.