MAXA Cookie Manager
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie (also tracking cookie, browser cookie, and HTTP cookie) is a small piece of text stored on a user's computer by a web browser. A cookie contains bits of information such as user preferences, shopping cart contents, or anything else the website you visit wants to set.
Cookies, today, can do a lot more than this definition provides for. In fact, most people are unaware that there are other types of cookies, in addition to the typical HTTP style browser cookies. Collectively, these are called Super Cookies. For example the Flash cookie is being used by many of today's popular websites. The evercookie combines all types of approaches like regular Cookies, Super Cookies and ETAG tracking, so it is nearly impossible to get rid off it manually.
The problem here, is that today's browsers cannot delete these cookies and, the icing on the cake, is that the information is shared among all installed browsers!
So, you may ask, "What's the big deal?"
Well, the "big deal" is that these cookies, if placed on websites as web bugs, can store a lot of information, including, what language you use, what websites you have visited, what your browsing habits are, which topics you're interested in, where you shop, which countries you take your laptop to, which hotels or companies you visited, and much more! Thanks to these cookies, over time, you can be tracked and profiled more and more precisely. (You can also use our exclusive Privacy Test to see what information websites can get from your system right now!)
You should be VERY worried about this, as you not only have no control over whether these cookies even exist on your machine, but even worse, you have absolutely NO CONTROL over the information that they can gather. And, you have absolutely no idea how that information can be used!!!
If you think we're kidding, just take a look at the following news articles about these types of cookies:
CNN: You Deleted Your Cookies? Think Again
PCWorld: Study: Adobe Flash Cookies Pose Vexing Privacy Questions
But, there is an answer to the problem!
Introducing MAXA Cookie Manager
MAXA Cookie Manager is the first and, to date, the only product of its kind that is specifically designed to protect your privacy, regardless of the web browser you use! MCM works with the majority of current browsers available on the market today.
MAXA Cookie Manager puts you back in control of your privacy
With MAXA Cookie Manager, you can do the following:
- List all of the types of cookies on your computer
- Decide yourself or let the program evaluate which cookies are safe and which ones are dangerous
- Automatically delete cookies as they appear on your computer
- Block entire domains so that all cookies from an entire website or ad site are blocked
- Create and manage both white lists and black lists - Increasing productivity by keeping the cookies that you actually need!
- Delete Cache and History, this efficiently allows you to also get rid of Evercookies and Etag tracking.
And, much more!
If you want to learn even more about cookies, then please take a look at our Whitepaper.
MAXA Cookie Manager works with Windows 98/Me/XP/2000/Vista/2008 and Windows 7 (both 32 bit and 64 bit Windows versions).
MAXA Cookie Manager is available in English, German, French and Spanish (all included in the download).
Isn't it time you took control of your own privacy?
Download MAXA Cookie Manager NOW!
New in Version 5.1:
- Support for the newest version of Firefox
- Smaller improvements and additions
Changes in version 5.0:
- Possibility to manually and automatically delete the browser cache and browsing history of all installed browsers and plug ins:
- this also completely removes evercookies
- this prevents that sites can find out whether you visited a specific webpage (history stealing)
- Faster cookie management speed
- Support for new and upcoming browsers (Firefox 4, Internet Explorer 9, Chrome 9, Opera 11)
- Pre-listen of sounds in settings
- Additionnal minor improvements
Changes in version 4.2:
- Support of Flock version 3
- Improved readability when decoding some flash cookie's contents
- Possibility to delete cookies from the tray icon menu
- Possibility to reset cookie deletion counters
- Further minor program improvements